You’ve probably noticed these spidery false lashes popping up everywhere. They’re called lash extensions, and they instantly give you longer and more luscious lashes. The best part? You can have them done in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a bit of patience and some practice to learn how to do lash extensions on yourself. If you want to DIY at-home lash extensions, here’s what you need to know about how to do it yourself.
Can You Do Lash Extensions on Yourself?
Yes, you can do lash extensions on yourself! It’s really easy to do and there are lots of YouTube videos and blogs out there that show you how to do it. All you need is some eyelash glue and some lash extensions, and you can start applying them to your natural lashes.
How To Apply for Lash Extensions By Yourself?
Step 1: Find the right length and type of lashes.
You can find eyelashes of different lengths and types available in the market. The first thing you need to do is to find out what length and type of lashes would suit you the best. This can be done by asking your friends or doing a bit of research online. However, make sure you know the right length that would suit your eye shape and face type. You can also use a measuring tape for better results. If you’re buying them online, it is always better to go with the natural look. You can always go for a bolder look if you want, but try to make it look natural. Also, keep in mind that the lashes you buy should be able to suit your facial features. If you have smaller eyes, you should go for longer lashes. You can also choose from different types of lashes such as mink, synthetic, or silk.
Step 2: Trim your eyelashes.
If you’re using false eyelashes, then you would have to trim your natural lashes beforehand. Although many experts recommend using false lashes as they stay in place and look great, you can always use your own natural lashes if you want to. However, you will have to trim them to make them look a bit shorter so that they can be fixed on top of your natural lashes. Also, you can use the shorter length of false eyelashes and fix them on top of your natural lashes. This would help you avoid trimming your natural lashes. If you’re using your natural lashes, make sure that they are at an even length and are not too long. Too long lashes would look artificial, and you don’t want that, do you?
Step 3: Apply eyelash glue.
Now that your natural lashes or false lashes are trimmed, it’s time to apply the glue. Make sure you apply the glue on the lash band or the false lashes. You can’t fix the lashes on your natural lashes because the glue will damage your real eyelashes. The trick to applying the glue is to do it quickly and in a single motion. You can apply the glue with a tweezer or a small brush. However, make sure you apply the glue to the entire lash band. If you don’t do this, the lashes would slip off your lash line and look really bad. With time, you will get a hang of the right way of applying the glue. The best thing about using glue is that it is really easy to remove. All you have to do is apply a bit of oil to your fingers and gently peel off the lashes. Now you might be wondering which glue to use. The best glue to use for false lashes is water-based glue.
Step 4: Wait for the glue to dry.
Now that you have applied the glue on the false lashes, don’t panic if the lashes start falling off within a few minutes. This is normal and happens with every woman who is new to putting on lashes. Make sure you wait for the glue to dry properly before applying the lashes. You can hold the lashes in place with the tip of your fingers or tissue paper for a few seconds. This would help you avoid the false lashes from falling off. If the lashes are too long, you can trim them a bit so that they can be applied to your lash line easily. Make sure you don’t cut too much off your lashes. If they are trimmed too much, they won’t look natural. Try to hold the lashes in place for a few seconds until the glue dries. Once the glue dries, your lashes would stay in place all day long.
Step 5: Lay the lashes on top of your own.
If you have been following these steps, then you are almost there. The last step is to place the false lashes on top of your own lashes. Make sure you remove the transparent plastic cover from the lashes before applying them to your lash line. You can use your fingers or a lash comb to gently apply the lashes on your lash line. Make sure you place them in the center of your lash line. You can also use eye shadow or eyeliner to mark the lash line for better results. Once you place the lashes on your lash line, don’t panic if they look a bit crooked or something. The lashes will naturally fall in the right place as you blink your eyes. These 5 steps will help you become an expert in applying false lashes by yourself. Make sure you follow these instructions and don’t panic if your lashes fall off after a few minutes. Practice makes perfect, and soon you will become an expert in applying false lashes.
Why Get Lash Extensions?
They’re easy and fast to apply.
Lash extensions are very easy to apply, and since they are applied to your existing lashes, there is no need to apply any kind of glue, extensions, or anything. They can be applied by a technician who has extensive experience applying lashes. If you are getting regular lash extensions, they should take about an hour to complete. This will include the time it takes to clean your lashes and apply the extensions to your lashes. You’ll leave the salon looking gorgeous and ready for any occasion.
You can have different looks with different styles.
Lash extensions come in a variety of styles, lengths, and thicknesses to suit your individual needs and style. You can choose from a wide variety of options for any occasion. For example, if you’re going to a party or a special event, you can get dramatic lashes with extra volume to make your eyes pop. If you’re going to work, you can get a more conservative look that is still very beautiful.
They won’t smudge or run when you cry or sweat.
If you are like most women, you’ve probably had an instance where you cried or sweated and had to rush to the bathroom to fix your makeup and/or eyeliner. You don’t have to go through that again once you get lash extensions. When you get lash extensions, they will be applied to your actual eyelashes, so it’s not like you’re adding false eyelashes to your eyelids. You can cry all you want, and your makeup/lash extensions will remain intact. They won’t run or smudge.
Where To Get Them And How Much They’ll Cost?
- False lashes are very affordable and you can get them from $5 to $10. But you can also get lash extensions that cost between $60 and $200 for one eye.
- You can either get them done at a salon or get them done at home.
- If you choose to DIY home extensions, you can expect to pay between $100 and $200. For salon extensions, you’ll pay between $75 and $200.
- Salon prices vary depending on where you live and the experience of the artist.
How To Find A Good Lash Extension Artist?
- The first thing you should look for is the experience of the artist. An experienced lash artist can give you great results, while a novice can damage your natural lashes and even cause blindness.
- Lash artists who specialize in extensions usually have a certificate or license that they can show you.
- You can also do a quick search online and see if they have any reviews or a website.
- You also want to make sure that the artist only uses cruelty-free products since some lash extensions use real mink fur.
Tips For Doing Your Own Lash Extensions
- Make sure your lashes are in good shape before you start. If they’re brittle, you might end up with extensions that are too heavy for your lashes and that weigh them down.
- Make sure you have enough time. Lash extensions take time and patience, so make sure you have enough time to do them properly.
- Book an appointment with a lash extension artist during your next vacation or at home time. If you are doing them yourself, it’s better to book a date when you don’t have any other plans so that you have enough time to do them.
- If you’re considering DIY lash extensions, approach this as a long-term project and not something you can do in one sitting. You’ll need to set aside time and dedicate space to doing this properly.
- Invest in good lash extensions. Select a reputable brand that has a good track record, and use the right tools and glue. You want to make sure the job is done right the first time so you don’t have to redo it.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for help if you’re not sure how to get your lashes done.
False lashes are an easy way to instantly transform your look, but doing them incorrectly can cause damage to your natural lashes. Lash extensions are a great alternative to false lashes that have a longer lifespan and are a more natural option. If you want to get lash extensions, we recommend that you find a reputable lash extension brand and a trustworthy lash extension artist. You can also do it yourself if you have the time and patience to do it properly.