Are you the kind of person who likes to leave a lasting first impression? If so, then you may want to consider learning how to make a Kandi flower. The beautiful accessories have become increasingly popular in recent years thanks to their ability to serve as social ice breakers at music festivals and other similar events. But what is a Kandi flower, exactly? It’s essentially an accessory that someone can wear on their finger or wrist that features vibrant colors and comes equipped with tiny beads. These small beads are known as Kandi because they typically feature the word “Kandi” on them.
How To Make A Kandi Flower?
Step 1: Cut the ends of your beading elastic
This part will determine how long your ‘stem’ ends up being. If you want it to be long, you can cut off a few inches from the end of it. If you want it to be short, you can cut off just a centimeter. The next step is to cut the beading elastic that you’ll use for your Kandi flower’s ‘stem’. Make sure it’s long enough to accommodate all of the beads you’ll be using. Remember, you can always add more!
Step 2: String your favorite beads
This is the fun part! You can use any beads you’d like for this, be it colorful or plain. There are no wrong choices. The trick is to make sure that your string of beads fits through the holes in your beading elastic. Once you’ve strung your beads, you can start stringing them onto your ‘stem’. Make sure that the ‘petals’ of your Kandi flower are evenly spaced. You don’t want one side to be longer than the other.
Step 3: Connect your strung beads with more beading elastic
Now you should have two separate pieces of beading elastic on your work table. The first is your ‘stem’. The second is the beads that you strung on the ‘stem’. You’ll want to connect these two pieces using more beading elastic. Make sure that the ‘petals’ of your Kandi flowers are facing the right way. You want the beads to be facing outward so people can see the colors. You can choose to place your beads in the middle, towards one end, or in the middle of both ends. It’s up to you!
Step 4: Add finishing touches and wear it!
You’ve reached the final step in making your Kandi flower! But don’t worry, it’s pretty easy stuff from here on out. All you have to do is add any extra decorations you’d like. You can add charms, stickers, another type of bead, or anything else for that matter. Once you’ve added your finishing touches, you can tie the ‘stem’ around your wrist with the beading elastic. You can also thread the beading elastic through your hair if you’d like.
How To Make A Basic Kandi Flower?
- If you’ve never made a Kandi flower before, you may want to try making a basic one first.
- This will allow you to become familiar with the process and see just how easy it can be. A basic kandi flower requires you to make a “stem bead” and a “petal bead” that are both blue.
- The “stem bead” should feature the word “Kandi” on both ends, while the “petal bead” should be made out of a blue string.
- The “center bead” for the flower should be clear and feature the word “Kandi” on both ends.
- You can then string all three beads together to complete the flower.
How To Make A Rainbow Kandi Flower?
If you’d like to make a rainbow kandi flower, you can do so by following a few simple steps.
- First, you’ll need to create the “belly band” of the Kandi flower. This should be red and feature a row of beads that perfectly lines up with the other components.
- You’ll also need to create the “stem bead” and the “petal bead.”
- The “stem bead” should be green and feature the word “Kandi” on both ends, while the “petal bead” should be made out of green string.
Materials You’ll Need To Make A Kandi Flower
- While there are many different variations, a typical kandi flower consists of five different components. You’ll need a “belly band” to tie the entire piece together, a “stem bead” that holds the Kandi flower in place, a “petal bead” to make the outside of the Kandi flower, a “center bead” to make the inside, and finally an “eye bead” to help the Kandi flower stay on your friend’s finger or wrist.
- The type of material you choose to make your Kandi flower with can have a significant impact on its appearance. For example, if you decide to create a gold kandi flower, you may want to use colored string to make it stand out.
- If you’d rather make a silver kandi flower, however, you may want to consider using a clear string. Regardless of which material you choose, be sure to make a few extra kandi flowers in case something goes wrong during the process.
The Benefits Of Making Your Own Kandi Flower
There are several reasons you might want to make a Kandi flower. Perhaps you would like to stand out from the crowd at a music festival. Or, you may be attending a rave, and you’d like to find a creative way to break the ice with other attendees. No matter what your reason may be, you can accomplish your goal by making your own kandi flower.
- Making your own kandi flower is also a great way to save a bit of cash. While ready-made kandi flowers can be found online, they can also be quite expensive.
- There’s nothing wrong with purchasing an inexpensive kandi flower, but it can sometimes be a little disappointing if you’ve put a lot of time and effort into its design.
- Making your own kandi flower lets you create a one-of-a-kind accessory that you can be proud of.
- It also gives you the opportunity to make it as simple or as intricate as you’d like.
- Making your own kandi flower is also a great way to get creative and learn a new skill. If you’re interested in making a rainbow kandi flower, for example, you may want to find out a bit about how colors mix together.
- You may even want to try your hand at making a gold kandi flower. Whatever your goal may be, you can accomplish it by making your own kandi flower.
Tips For Making The Best Kandi Flower You Can
If you want to make the best kandi flower you can, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- First, make sure all the components of the flower are approximately the same size. This will help them fit together perfectly and make the Kandi flower appear more uniform.
- You should also make sure that the beads on the stem and petal are placed close together, so the Kandi flower fits together perfectly.
- Finally, you should make sure that you choose the right materials. If you decide to make a gold kandi flower, for example, you may want to use a colored string or a colored thread. If you make a silver kandi flower, on the other hand, you may want to use a clear string or thread.
- No matter what you decide to do, make sure you have a few extra kandi flowers on hand in case something goes wrong while you’re making them.
The Kandi flower is the most popular style of Kandi given out. It’s made of a string of beads strung on beading elastic. You can make a Kandi flower out of almost anything. If you’re at a music festival, it’s customary to trade kandi with other attendees. You can use kandi to make new friends and show off your personality. It’s a great conversation starter!