Did you know that growing dreadlocks is a process that takes time and patience? It’s not something that happens overnight. If you want your hair to grow into beautiful locks, then you have to be prepared for a lengthy process. It can take anywhere from six months to a year or more for your hair to fully lock up as long as you keep up the maintenance. However, there are ways to help the process along so that you get there sooner rather than later. If you’re hoping to grow your hair quickly so that you can go out with a bang on the night of your next big party, check out this helpful guide on how to make dreads grow faster. These tips and tricks will have your hair feeling healthier and growing quicker in no time.
How To Make Dreads Grow Faster
Take care of your scalp
If you want to grow your hair quickly, then you have to take extra care of your scalp. Your scalp is the most important part of growing dreads. If you don’t keep it healthy, then there is a possibility that it will be prone to infection and can lead to premature hair loss. Therefore, you have to make sure that you wash your hair at least once a week with natural shampoos that are free from chemicals and harmful ingredients. You should avoid using any kind of shampoo in order for your hair not to become brittle or break easily. You should also make sure that you avoid using any kind of conditioner on a daily basis. The conditioner enters the bloodstream and the chemicals can damage the natural oils in your scalp, causing it to dry out and become less healthy over time.
Use products with natural ingredients
You will need natural shampoos and conditioners if you want your dreads to grow in faster. There are many organic brands available on the market today that contain ingredients such as coconut oil, jojoba oil, and tea tree oil which will keep your scalp healthy while growing dreadlocks faster than ever before! If you want more information about these amazing products, then check out our article on how to use organic products for growing dreadlocks faster!
Eat foods rich in nutrients
The nutrients found in food play an integral role when growing dreadlocks faster because they help your hair grow at a faster rate. You should eat foods rich in vitamin B, C, and E as these vitamins help the hair to be strong and healthy. You should also eat foods high in protein such as fish, chicken, eggs, and dairy products in order to make your hair stronger and healthier. You will also need healthy fats like those found in nuts and seeds that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for healthy skin.
Try out new hairstyles
If you have been growing your dreadlocks for a while now, then you may have gotten used to the same hairstyle over time. However, this can lead to your dreads not growing to their full potential because they have been on lock for too long! This is why it is essential that you try out new hairstyles that will help you grow your dreadlocks faster than ever before! The best way to do this is by trying a new braid pattern or a different style of braiding if the one you are currently using causes problems with your hair or scalp. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles – it’s always good fun trying something new!
Use honey oil on your scalp regularly
Honey oil has been used for centuries as a remedy for many different kinds of health problems including skin conditions such as acne and eczema. It also has antibacterial properties which can help prevent infections from occurring on the scalp when applying it regularly. This is why it is important you use honey oil regularly if you want your dreads to grow faster. Apply a few drops of honey oil to the scalp once a week and massage the oil into the scalp for about half an hour. You should do this before going to bed at night in order to ensure that your scalp stays healthy and moisturized all day long.
Avoid using hot tools on your hair
It is essential that you avoid using hot tools when you are growing dreadlocks faster because they can damage your hair and cause heat damage. When you use heated tools on your hair, they can cause friction which can lead to breakage of the hair shafts near the root. This can be very damaging to your hair and it will not only take longer for them to grow back, but it will also be much weaker than before! Instead, try using natural heating tools such as a hot water bottle or a warm bath instead! This will not only help grow your dreadlocks faster but it will also help keep them healthy by keeping the moisture in!
Apply oil regularly to the scalp
If you want to grow dreadlocks faster, then it is essential that you keep your scalp oiled and moisturized. After washing your hair, you should use a natural oil such as olive oil or coconut oil to ensure that the hair shafts remain healthy and moisturized. This will help prevent breakage of the hair shafts and also helps prevent moisture loss from the scalp which can be very damaging to your hair.
Don’t Be Afraid To Trim Your Dreadlocks
- You will have to trim your dreads on a regular basis. If you want to speed up the process, then you have to be willing to cut them every now and then. If you don’t trim them at all, then they will start to get out of shape and become tangled.
- If you want your dreadlocks to grow faster, then you will have to trim them on a regular basis so that they can be healthy and free of tangles. You should also remove the dead hair from your dreadlocks as it can cause infection and rot if it builds up over time.
- When you are ready for a trim, remove as much hair from your dreadlocks as possible by using a pair of scissors or even clippers if you prefer this method over scissors. It is also important that you make sure that the hair is completely dry before cutting it off so that there are no infections in the surrounding area when removing the dead hair from your locks. If there’s any moisture present in the hair shaft, then it won’t be easy for the scissors or clippers to clean out all of the nooks and crannies in between each strand of hair which could lead to infection and other problems later on down the road.
- Once all of your dreadlocks are trimmed, lay them down on a flat surface until they are completely dry so that they can be combed with ease once they are all dried out again.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut the hair at the ends of your dreadlocks so that they are easier to comb and brush out. This will help to keep your dreadlocks healthy and free of tangles.
- Wash your dreadlocks with a shampoo that is specially made for dreadlocks as it will help get rid of any lingering oil or dirt that might be present in your locks. You may also want to use some conditioner or gel so that your dreadlocks are just as soft and shiny as they were before you started trimming them.
Use A Healthy Shampoo And Conditioner
- The first step in growing dreads quickly is to make sure that you use a healthy shampoo and conditioner. Avoid using any kind of shampoo or conditioner with harsh chemicals and sulfates in it. Sulfates can dry out your hair and make it brittle, while harsh chemicals will damage your hair. It’s important that you choose a natural shampoo or conditioner that’s made from natural ingredients. Look for products like coconut oil, aloe vera gel, avocado oil, or even rosemary oil if you want something a little more luxurious.
- Another good idea is to try out different shampoos and conditioners until you find something that works for you. Try different brands until you find one that works for your hair type so that your hair stays strong and healthy throughout the dreadlock-growing process. You also have to make sure that the shampoo/conditioner doesn’t contain any dyes or chemicals – as these can do more harm than good when it comes to growing dreadlocks quickly.
- You should also make sure not to wash your dreadlocks too often because this could cause them to break off prematurely.
- Lastly, be sure not to use too much shampoo because this could weigh down your locks making them feel greasy instead of soft and silky like they should be feeling after washing them with a quality product.
If you’re hoping to have dreadlocks that grow quickly, you’ll want to take good care of your hair. Make sure to avoid products that are full of chemicals and are as natural as possible. You’ll also want to make sure that you’re keeping your dreads clean, especially if you have oily hair. To speed up the process, try using a healthy shampoo, waxing your ends every two weeks, and applying coconut oil to the roots once per week. With these tips and tricks, your dreadlocks will grow much quicker than expected.