When you live in an apartment or condo, there are often limitations on what you can do to your space and how you can modify it. One such limitation is the type of doors that you can put on your space. If you have a door that opens outward, it makes things more challenging when trying to secure it. There are a few ways to keep your home safer while still allowing the door to open outward. Here are some solutions for a safer home if you have a door that opens outward:
How To Secure A Door That Opens Outward
1. Install a deadbolt
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on your door, you can purchase a deadbolt that is specifically designed for your door. Deadbolts are more secure than regular locks and will keep potential intruders out of your home. If you decide to install a deadbolt on your door, there are different types of bolts that can be used. The most common is the pin and tumbler lock but there are other options as well, including padlocks and keyed locks.
2. Install a peephole
If you have an apartment or condo with an entryway that opens outward, consider installing a peephole at the top of the door frame. This way, you can see who is at the door before opening it up to see who it is. You should also consider installing additional peepholes in other areas where doors open outward because this will give you another point of view when someone tries to enter your home without your knowledge. It’s important to note that even if someone sees someone outside, they may not be able to see who they are; so be sure to use caution when opening the door!
3. Install additional locks on exterior doors
Another great way to secure an exterior door that opens outward is by adding additional locks on it. For example, if you have an exterior glass door with no deadbolt or lock already installed, install one so that it looks like one from the street side. This will make it more difficult for someone to enter your home without you knowing.
4. Install a peephole on the inside of the door
If you don’t want to install a peephole on the outside of your door, you can do so on the inside of your door as well. This is especially important if you have an apartment with an exterior door that opens outward and there is no lock on it. It’s also a good idea if you have a condo or apartment with an exterior glass door that opens inward and no deadbolt or lock installed yet. Consider installing a peephole in this area as well so that you can see who is at the door before opening it up to check out who it is!
5. Install a peephole on the inside of the door
If you don’t want to install a peephole on the outside of your door, you can do so on the inside as well. This is especially important if you have an apartment with an exterior door that opens outward and there is no lock on it. It’s also a good idea if you have a condo or apartment with an exterior glass door that opens inward and no deadbolt or lock installed yet. Consider installing a peephole in this area as well so that you can see who is at the door before opening it up to check out who it is!
6. Install deadbolts or locks on all exterior doors
As mentioned above, deadbolts are one of the best ways to secure any exterior doors that open outward as they are more secure than regular locks. Deadbolts are basically locks that have been fitted with additional locking mechanisms like levers, levers turners, and even thumb turns to prevent them from being opened easily by anyone without proper authorization from within your home. Deadbolts can be installed either directly onto your exterior doors (by using screws) or into existing holes in your existing hardware. Installing deadbolts directly onto your doors will require some DIY skills but either way will keep intruders out of your home! If you want to install deadbolts for all of your exterior doors, I would recommend hiring a professional to do the job for you.
Install A Security Gate
Install a security gate. If you have children and you want to keep them out of certain areas of your home and not let them just walk through your space, install a security gate. You can purchase a gate that has sensors that will let you know when someone is in the area, or you can install an electronic gate that is controlled by your remote. The electronic gates are very easy to install and can be controlled from anywhere in the world via the remote.
Install a high-tech door lock. If you have an electronic door lock installed on your space, it is much harder for children to open it with as little effort as they would need to do so with a traditional lock. This type of lock uses wireless technology and means that it is impossible for anyone to open the door without pressing the right combination of buttons on their keypad or using their master key.
Install a deadbolt on the outside of your door and put locks on all interior doors as well. If you have installed a high-tech door lock, this is one way to make sure that no one can simply walk through your home when they are not supposed to be there. Most people will not try this because it would require them to break into every single room in your home when trying to get into one area; however, if someone does this, there will be no way for them to get past these locks without getting caught by security cameras or other security equipment installed in your space which may include a keypad or remote.
Add A Metal Bar For Extra Security
1. Install a metal bar on your door. This can be done using a coat hanger that is attached to the frame of the door. The coat hanger should be placed in such a way that it cannot be easily removed by anyone who may try to break in. It should also be strong enough that it cannot easily be broken or bent out of place.
2. Use a screw if you need more security. You can use screws for extra security and make them invisible by painting them black. You may want to use stainless steel screws instead or make sure they are not visible from outside the door frame. Screws will not only keep intruders from entering but they will also make it difficult for someone to remove the screws and pry open the door in order to get into your home.
3. Install deadbolts instead of regular locks on your doors if you want more security (and privacy). Deadbolts work exactly like regular locks except that they are made from metal and have a mechanism inside of them that prevents intruders from opening them with force or even jiggling them back and forth until they break into pieces. Deadbolts can prevent intruders from breaking into your home without breaking any parts inside, so you don’t have to worry about replacing broken parts or fixing anything yourself later on down the road when it’s too late!
4. Install bars near windows in order to keep intruders out as well as to prevent them from breaking the windows to get in.
5. Install a door jamb guard to keep intruders from forcing their way into your home. This is not only effective but it will also save you money because you won’t have to replace damaged parts on your doors or windows. You can either make one yourself with simple tools like a saw, drill, and hammer or buy one made of plastic at home improvement stores. It should be installed at the bottom of the door frame where it meets the floor so that intruders cannot easily push it out of its place.
When you live in an apartment or condo, you often don’t have the ability to make changes to your space. One such limitation is the type of doors you can put on your home. If you have a door that opens outward, it makes things more challenging when trying to secure it. There are a few ways to keep your home safer while still allowing the door to open outward. Install a security gate, add a metal bar for extra security, find the right window for your door opener, or install a deadbolt lock.