When it comes to beauty, some women will go to great lengths in order to look their best. There are plenty of different hair, makeup, and skincare trends that come and go. While some of these trends fade in popularity over time, other beauty innovations remain popular for good reason. Extensions are one such trend that continues to gain traction among many women around the world. In fact, as you read this article your local salon may be packed with other women getting their first set of extensions before going out tonight. But how can you get your own set of extensions? Well, they are one type of artificial hair designed specifically for use on the eyelids. Many people wonder if it’s possible to sleep with lash extensions and yes you absolutely can sleep with them! Keep reading to learn more about everything you need to know about sleeping with lash extensions.
How To Sleep With Lash Extensions
Choose the right lash company
There are many different companies that offer lash extensions. Some offer a basic set of lashes while others have more advanced sets. In most cases, the more advanced sets tend to be more expensive than their less complex counterparts. In spite of this, you will want to find a company that offers a wide range of styles and colors so that you can wear your extensions for as long as possible before needing a new set. It is also important to find a company that has an excellent customer service department since you will need help with problems or questions from time to time.
Fill out an eyelash application form
You should always fill out an application form when getting your first set of lash extensions done because it will allow your practitioner to get to know you and learn as much about your natural lashes as they can in order to provide you with the best possible results. You should also fill out the same type of form when getting any additional sets done in the future so that you can receive similar services at each visit.
Get all necessary medical clearance
In order for your eye doctor or ophthalmologist to properly place your extension on your eyelids, they need complete medical clearance on what they are doing and why they are doing it. This means they need to know everything about your condition including any allergies or medications you may be taking since these might affect how well the extension stays on and how well it works overall. Also, make sure that all other treatments such as laser eye surgery and/or eye drops are completely cleared for use before your eyelash extensions are placed.
Fill out a prescription for a glue that is safe for the eyelid
When you get your lashes applied, you will be required to wear a certain type of adhesive that is safe for the skin on your eyelids. This adhesive is what will hold on your lash extensions so they can be removed when they need to be replaced or if they fall off during the night. The glue also helps to keep your eyelids closed so that no bacteria can enter the eye and cause an infection.
Simple Steps To Sleep With Extensions
- The first step you need to take is to go to your local salon and have your lash extensions professionally applied.
- Lashes are designed to be worn on the upper eyelid area. So you will need to make sure that the extensions are properly positioned on your eyes so that they don’t interfere with your vision.
- Next, you will want to apply a protective eye cream with a high concentration of collagen and elastin that is designed specifically for lash extension use. This will help keep your eyelids moisturized and prevent them from becoming irritated overtime during the night as well as protecting against staining as well as other types of damage caused by makeup or other types of eye care products used in conjunction with lash extensions.
- You can also sleep on a pillow filled with cotton balls soaked in a mixture that includes vitamin E, aloe vera, and rosemary essential oils in order for the cotton balls to absorb excess oils from the eyelids during sleep time.
Benefits Of Sleeping With Extensions
Ready to Wear
One of the best things about sleeping with extensions is that they are ready to wear. You can wake up in the morning and simply remove your extensions and apply your regular makeup. No need to worry about applying glue, tape or any of those other messy methods that are used by other brands. It is so easy to remove them and apply your own makeup in a matter of minutes.
Unlike clip-on extensions, lash extensions have no adhesive on them at all. This means you don’t need to worry about cleaning them at all! After removing your extensions, you can simply wash your face normally and be ready for work or a night out on the town!
Lash extensions are designed for daily wear so there is no damage when removing them and applying makeup as normal. Other brands that use clips may cause damage if removed improperly or too often but lash extensions do not suffer from this problem at all!
With lash extensions, you get the added benefit of more variety in terms of length, width, and thickness of lashes which makes it easier to find a look that works for you without having to compromise on quality or cost. There are different types of lashes available which gives you more options than what is offered by other brands such as clip-on eyelashes that offer only one type of lash style per pair (and they tend to be very expensive!). With lash extensions, you get many different styles to choose from, including the option of choosing a set of lashes that are thicker or thinner, longer or shorter, and so on.
Multiple Styles Available
Lash extensions come in many different styles, giving you more options to choose from when it comes to creating your own look. For example, you can get sets with thicker and longer lashes that add volume to your eyes or sets that offer a more natural look with lashes that are thinner and shorter. You can also get sets of lashes that are designed for use on the upper or lower lash line to create the illusion of a cat eye or an eyeliner look depending on how you wear them. Knowing this information will help you decide which style works best for you!
Tips For Sleeping With Extensions
- Don’t sleep on your side because this will cause your extensions to fall off.
- Don’t sleep on your back because this will cause your extensions to sag.
- If you do sleep on your back, lay with a pillow under the bridge of your nose so that the weight of the eyelashes is supported by the pillow and not resting directly against your face.
- Avoid sleeping with wet or oily eyes as this can cause the lashes to stick together and not be able to separate properly at night when you are trying to remove them in the morning.
- If you have a lot of eye makeup on in the morning, try using an oil-free moisturizer or a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil instead of makeup remover before removing your eyelash extensions in order to avoid tugging at them while trying to remove them with makeup remover later that day or during the day when they get wet from sweat, etcetera!
- Try using a light hand when removing lashes at night after applying eye makeup so that they don’t come off too easily when you try removing them in the morning which may cause you to lose some lashes overnight!
When it comes to beauty, some women will go to great lengths in order to look their best. There are plenty of different hair, makeup, and skincare trends that come and go. While some of these trends fade in popularity over time, other beauty innovations remain popular for good reason. Extensions are one such trend that continues to gain traction among many women around the world. In fact, as you read this article your local salon may be packed with other women getting their first set of extensions before going out tonight. But how can you get your own set of extensions? Well, they are one type of artificial hair designed specifically for use on the eyelids. Many people wonder if it’s possible to sleep with lash extensions and yes you absolutely can sleep with them!