If you’ve ever needed to get into your car but been unable to figure out how chances are you’ve used a bobby pin. The security hole in most doors is so large that it requires a special tool called a bobby pin to open it. However, there’s an easy way to unlock a car door with just a bobby pin and it doesn’t require removing the handle or cutting any wires. How? Let’s learn. If you have trouble getting into your locked car with the keys in the ignition, the easiest fix could be having someone else lock their car while you go inside. The bobby pin is a small metal clip that often comes with key fobs or remote controls. You can use this as an emergency lock picking tool by inserting the clip into the keyhole of your car door and turning it until the lock releases. It doesn’t take much strength or practice; after all, this is something we do every day without even thinking about it!
How To Unlock A Car Door With A Bobby Pin
Find the Right Bobby Pin
The first step in using a bobby pin to unlock a car door is finding the right pin. There are a few factors you’ll want to consider when picking the right pin. How tall is your car? If your car is shorter than most others, you may want to look for a shorter pin. Does your car have a lower grill? If not, a long bobby pin may be able to reach into your car and unlock your door. Do you like to decorate? If so, a bright color will help you spot your pin in the dark. You’ll also want to keep in mind that bobby pins are usually sold in sets of 6-12. If you want to purchase a single pin, look for a set of 12 that comes with a bag. These bags make it easy to store your pins and keep them from getting lost in the chaos of everyday life.
Remove the Cables
Once you have the right pin, it’s time to remove the cables that connect the pin to the door. You’ll remove the screws that attach the cables to the door and then gently pry the cables loose from the door. If you’re not able to pry the cables loose from the door, it may be a good idea to ask a friend to hold the door for you while you pry the cables loose. Once you have the cables lost, you can gently place them in a tissue and dispose of them properly. This tissue will contain all the hair and other materials from your car that could potentially cause a problem if traces of them were to reach the wrong person.
Lay Down your Cardigan or T-Shirt
Now that you have the correct pins, it’s time to get creative with them! You can place them in a hat or use a different article of clothing to use as a shield. You can also use a cardigan or t-shirt to act as a shield. You can pick a color that is unique to your car and is easy to see in the dark. A bright color will help you spot your pin in the dark.
Put on your Ski Mask
Now that you have your shield in place, it’s time to put on your ski mask. You can place this mask over your head or face, or you can place it on your Cardigan or T-shirt and use it as a shield. This mask will help you blend into your car interior even more, and will help you protect your pin from any curious onlookers.
Hold Your Card Key Against the Window or Pick the Lock on Your Door
Once you have all of the required tools to open a door, the technique and efficiency of doing so will depend on the locks on your car and how secure they are. If the door is very secure, you may want to use a special tool called a card key to picking the lock. If not, you can always use the traditional key lock technique. You’ll want to place your card key in a pen and place it against the window of your car. With the door closed, turn the key in the lock several times to tap the card key against the window. This will allow the hidden pin to release the lock and grant you entrance into your car. You can also use a credit card to gain access to locked cars, but be careful not to damage the finish on the car or door.
What Do You Do If You Are Locked Out Of Your Car?
- If you are locked out of your car, you can try using a card instead of a key to gain access to your car door.
- If the keys aren’t in the ignition and you aren’t able to gain access to your car through any other means, then you may need to call a locksmith to gain access to the car.
- If you are locked out of your car and there is no one else in the area to help, you can try breaking windows to gain access to your vehicle.
- If all else fails, you can always call a locksmith and have him or her gain access to your vehicle.
- In the event that you are locked out of your car and there is no one else around, then you will want to stay in the car until someone comes by who can help you get back inside the car. You never know when someone may come along who can help unlock the door for you, so don’t leave your car unattended!
How Do I Prevent Someone From Stealing My Keys?
- You can keep your keys in a safe place that is not easy for others to get into, or hide them somewhere else so no one can find them easily. There are many different methods that people use for hiding their keys when they leave their car doors unlocked or if they don’t want someone else getting into their cars without them knowing (such as hiding the key under a rock or inside a hollowed-out book).
- You can also buy new locks for your doors and keep the old ones as backups in case the new locks break after repeated use (such as if there is water damage inside of the lock). The most common type of lock used on cars these days is what is called a master key system with multiple keys that allow different people access to vehicles and save time from having to go back and forth between vehicles looking for the correct key each time someone wants access into another vehicle.
- You can also purchase a car alarm system that will alert you if someone is tampering with your car or trying to break in through the door. This will alert you if someone tries to break into your car or steal keys from inside of your vehicle.
- You can also purchase a remote keyless entry system that will allow you to lock and unlock your doors without having to use the keys on a keychain (such as using the push-button keypad on the driver’s side door). There are many different options available for these types of systems, so be sure to do some research before purchasing one of these types of systems for your vehicle.
- If you have teenagers who may not be as careful with their keys, then it may be helpful for them to have some sort of locking device attached to the inside of their car doors (such as a set screw) that prevents them from being able to remove the door panel and reach inside and grab the door handle without having to use an extra key.
The easiest way to unlock a car door with a bobby pin is to use a regular key. If you happen to have a spare key lying around, the easiest way to use it is to insert it into the door jamb and turn the lock until the golden key turns green. If your car has a remote keyless entry system, a key fob, or a combination of both, you can also use that to unlock your car door.