In the world of beauty tutorials, hair hacks seem to be trending. From clipping your bangs to creating a side fringe or over-locking your hair, you can find a tutorial for almost anything concerning hair. But there’s one beauty hack that’s still flying under the radar—and that’s wrapping your hair with a towel after you wash it. Whether you call them turban head towels, turbans, or tuckers, these pieces of cloth are so much more than just an easy way to keep wet hair out of your face while you get ready in the morning. They come with several benefits and will make your hair look healthier and feel softer in no time at all. So if you’ve been wondering how to wrap a towel around your head without coming off as a crazy cat lady, we have all the answers here!
How To Wrap Towel Around Hair
- Start with a dry towel. The best thing about wrapping your hair with a towel is that it’s easy to use even if you’re not 100% dry. Using a towel that is still slightly damp will help you wrap your hair without having to wrap it as tight, which can be tricky when you’re wet from the shower.
- Drape it over your head. The most important part of wrapping your hair with a turban is making sure it fits perfectly so that the ends don’t end up poking out of the sides and the back of your head. This means lining up all four sides and making sure that the back of your head is flat against the towel, which can be hard to do when you’re wet from the shower.
- Start at one side and work towards the other side starting at one end until you get to where you want to stop wrapping around your head. You may need to make adjustments depending on how big or small your head is, but once you get used to doing this, it should be easy enough for anybody!
- Continue wrapping around until there are no more sections left uncut or until there are no more folds in the towel left where they should be after wrapping around once or twice more than necessary—this will depend on how much space there is in between sections in between wraps (which we’ll explain later). It’s best to try this by yourself first before trying to do it for a friend.
- Once you’ve wrapped it all the way around your head, tuck the ends of the towel in to keep it from unraveling and sticking out from the sides of your head.
Why You Should Wrap Your Hair With A Towel
They’re a Great Way to Prevent Frizz
If you’ve ever had a bad hair day and need to blow-dry your locks, you know how much of a pain it can be. Even if you have the right tools and products, trying to tame frizz can still be an impossible task. But if you wrap your hair with a towel while drying, frizz is all but guaranteed. And because towels are made of cotton, they will absorb moisture from your hair, which means that they won’t cause any build-up and won’t leave any residue behind. This will help keep your curls looking smooth and shiny for days after the dryer!
They Help Make Your Hair Look Healthier
Your hair is made up of thousands of individual strands that are responsible for holding up your style and making it look sleek. But if these strands are too short or too damaged, they can become weak and break easily—which wouldn’t be so bad if we could just cut them off. But since we can’t, the only solution is to make them look better as fast as possible by applying conditioners and moisturizers on them regularly. And while these products certainly do make our locks healthier, wrapping them in a towel after washing makes them look healthier even faster! If you wrap your wet hair in a towel right away after washing and allow it to air dry instead of using the dryer, you will be able to use less conditioner and protect more of your hair than you could if you dried your hair with a towel.
They’re Great for Your Hair’s Elasticity
If your hair is damaged from over-washing, over-styling, or over-drying it, wrapping it in a towel can help restore its elasticity. This will make your curls look bouncier and healthier since the strands will be less likely to break on contact. Plus, when you wrap your hair with a towel after washing it, the moisture in the cloth will absorb into the hair shafts, which will make them look shiny and healthy as well.
They Help Protect Your Hair From Damage From Chemicals and Heat Tools
Another benefit of wrapping your hair with a towel after washing is that it can be used as a shield against damage caused by harsh chemicals or excessive heat tools such as flat irons. If you have curly or wavy hair that tends to get damaged easily because of these factors, using a turban head towel can help keep those strands moisturized and protected! When you wrap your wet locks in a towel before drying them off with an iron, for example, they are less likely to be damaged because there is no direct contact between the heat tool and the skin on your head—which means that there are no hot spots where heat can build up quickly! And if you use heat tools often enough during styling sessions or blow-drying, you can also wrap your hair in a towel to protect it from overheating and to keep it from getting too dry.
How To Wrap A Towel Turban
- Make sure your hair is completely dry before you start wrapping.
- Separate your hair into sections, making sure to use the same section throughout.
- Wrap the towel around one section of the hair as far as it will go, and then secure with a bobby pin.
- Repeat step 3 for the other sections of hair until your entire head is covered in towel turban pieces. You can either tuck each piece underneath itself or secure it with a bobby pin if you prefer that look.
- Pin the end of the towel turban to your scalp.
- Apply a gel or styling product to your hair and then wrap it again for added texture.
Benefits Of Wrapping Your Hair With A Towel
It helps your hair dry faster
It might seem like wrapping your hair with a towel is a waste of time, but it’s actually going to speed up your drying process by at least 20%. It’s because the towel is absorbing some of the water and will stop the hair from becoming frizzy.
It protects your hair from damage
The best way to protect your hair from damage is to keep it away from heat sources and harsh chemicals. And since most towels are made of cotton, they are very gentle on the scalp and won’t cause any harm to it.
It adds texture to your hair
When you wrap your hair in a towel after washing it, you will notice that it starts curling more easily and looks more voluminous and full. The texture will also improve when you use a good conditioner after wrapping your head in a towel for about 15-20 minutes. But if you don’t have time to let the towel absorb all of the water, just squeeze some water on it instead of wrapping it around your head completely. This will help make sure that all of the moisture stays inside so that it can be absorbed into the strands rather than leaving them feeling wet and unmanageable when you unwrap them.
It helps prevent frizziness
Wearing a t-shirt or other fabrics over wet hair can cause frizziness due to the friction between two different materials rubbing against each other. This can happen even if you’re wearing your hair in an updo. But when you wrap your hair in a towel before drying it, it will stop the friction from happening and make your hair look smoother and shinier.
It makes dry shampoo last longer
If you’re someone who loves to wash her hair every day, then you might be tempted to use dry shampoo on a daily basis. But if that’s the case, then you might want to reconsider because dry shampoo takes a lot of time to absorb into the strands. So if you’re going to use it daily, then it will take forever for it to work its magic on your hair and make it look cleaner than ever before. However, when you wrap your head with a towel after washing it, the towel will absorb some of the oil from your scalp and coat the strands with moisture that will keep them clean for longer than usual.
Wrapping your hair with a towel is a quick and easy way to dry your hair and prevent frizz, breakage, and hair loss. It’s especially beneficial for people with curly hair, since wrapping your hair in a towel can help it to dry faster and look healthier. The next time you wash your hair, consider wrapping it in a towel instead of letting it air dry. You’ll save time and energy, and your hair will look and feel healthier as a result.