A mullet is a hairstyle that features different lengths on the same head. It’s commonly recognized as a man’s haircut with short hair on the top of the head and long hair in the back. The look was popular in the 1980s, but it’s still going strong today. You probably won’t see many men walking down the street with a high-top mullet, but it can be a great look for anyone who isn’t afraid of attention. Should I Get A Mullet? If you have been thinking about getting this style, read on for some pros and cons to consider before making your final decision.
Should I Get A Mullet?
Mullets are one of the worst hairstyles ever. Trust me on this. They are so bad that even I, the guy who wrote that stupid article about How To Get A Hot Girlfriend have learned my lesson and will never get one. Mullets are an affront to society and humanity. They look like a sheep’s ass being jammed on your head. I don’t care if you’re a rocker with a rebellious nature, a hippie-free spirit, or whatever you’re into – stay away from that haircut! The only people who can wear them are those losers who think they’re cool, but really aren’t – they just think they’re cooler because everyone else is either laughing at them or ignoring them.
Why You Should Get A Mullet?
1. The mullet is practical
If you’re a man who is pretty useless when it comes to doing his own hair, a mullet could be ideal for you. The “business at the front, party at the back” aspect of the mullet means that you can have your hair cut very short at the front – making it much easier to style. The back and sides can be cut to your desired length while keeping the front of your hair short. This way, you can achieve a very specific look, without having to worry about the cleanliness of your hairline. If, however, you’re a woman who sometimes struggles with long hair, another reason to consider a mullet is its practicality. Women who have long hair often find that having it down can be a bit of a hassle. A mullet haircut, on the other hand, can make life so much easier for you. Simply tie your hair up in a ponytail, and you’re good to go.
2. It can be edgy and stylish
While it’s true that many people associate the mullet with a kind of unfortunate ‘80s throwback, this doesn’t mean that you can’t make it edgy and stylish. There are tons of tutorials on how to style a mullet, making this haircut an excellent option for those who want to rock an “edgy” look. Of course, the type of mullet you wear will have a huge effect on your style; you could have a long, wild mullet, a short and spiky one, or a more controlled and clean-cut variety. Many people get a mullet because they want to make a bold statement. A mullet can be ideal for those who want to stand out from the crowd – whether it’s at work or on the street.
3. It has a badass history
No one really knows when or where the mullet was invented. It’s been suggested that this haircut became popular in the ‘50s and ‘60s. There were a number of notable people who sported the mullet in the ‘80s, but it fell out of fashion in the ‘90s as people brought back the short hairstyle. While the mullet has a reputation for being a “bad haircut, it has in fact been around for a very long time. There are several theories about how the mullet came to be. One says that the mullet is a combination of the “mul” (a style of haircut where the hair is long and unkempt at the top) and the “short back and sides” haircut. Another theory is that the mullet was invented so that men could have their heads shaved while they were in prison. A third theory is that the mullet was invented by sailors in order to keep their hair out of the way while sailing.
4. It can suit any body type or gender
There are plenty of hairstyles that suit certain body types. However, the mullet can be worn by people of all shapes and sizes – making it the perfect haircut for anyone. If you’re a bit on the shorter side, the mullet can make you appear taller. If you’re overweight, the mullet could help to slim your silhouette. If you’re too skinny, the mullet could help to add some bulk to your frame. If you’re unsure about how the mullet will suit your frame or body type, you could always try it out with hair extensions if you’re too scared to commit to the mullet for real. You can also talk to your stylist about how the mullet would look on you.
How To Get A Mullet?
- If you’re thinking about getting a mullet, you should know that it’s a permanent hairstyle. You can’t get a mullet, regret it, and then chop your hair off. You have to be committed to this style
- That being said, you can get a mullet at any age. Men who are in their 30s and 40s have worn mullets, and so have younger men in their 20s.
- If you want a mullet, go for it! Before you decide to get a mullet, you should do some research and try out a few different hairstyles.
- This way, you’ll be sure to know what you’re getting into and will be able to decide if a mullet is right for you.
Pros Of Having A Mullet
- Versatility – A mullet is a very versatile hairstyle that can be worn in different ways depending on your mood and your outfit.
- Suitable for many face shapes – Unlike other hairstyles, mullet hairstyles are not limited to a certain face shape.
- Easy to maintain – Mullets don’t require frequent trips to the hair salon. You can cut them at home, and you don’t have to worry about blow drying or straightening them.
- Works for any hair type – Mullets suit any hair type, and can even be flattering for curly or wavy hair. You can also choose the length of your top hair and the texture that works best for you.
Cons Of Having A Mullet
- Requires commitment – Unlike other men’s hairstyles, you can’t get a mullet and then change it up if you don’t like it. If you choose this hairstyle, you’re probably going to have to live with it for the rest of your life.
- Draws attention – If you’re looking for a hairstyle that will keep you out of the spotlight, this is not the hairstyle for you. Mullets are attention-grabbing and are sure to get you some weird looks and questions.
- Unsuitable for certain professions – While mullets are fine for most professions, they aren’t really appropriate for certain jobs. For example, it’s not a good idea to wear a mullet if you are in law enforcement, the military, or work in health care.
- Not a good hairstyle for curly hair – If your hair is naturally curly and you want a mullet, you’ll have to straighten it. This can be damaging to your hair, especially if you use heat tools.
A mullet is a very unique hairstyle that’s different from what most men wear today. If you’re looking for a hairstyle that will turn heads, a mullet will do the trick! You can also try out other hairstyles that are similar to a mullet such as a man bun or a high-top fade. There are many different hairstyles that work well with long hair, so you can have fun experimenting with different styles.